This unique rustic shepherd's hut will offer you the quirky glamping experience you are looking for, with a view over fields often grazed by deer, yet only minutes from the friendly market town of Ringwood on the edge of the New Forest.
This hut is spacious for two but can be used by a family of four as there is a bench seat by the fire which can pull out into a five foot long bed suitable for smaller children (aged approximately 4 - 10 years). There is also a bunk which can be pulled down over the main bed or the mattress can be placed on the floor.
Open the door in the morning to let in rays of sunshine as the hut is placed in the best spot in the garden to enjoy the morning sun! The hut is all set up with a mini fridge and a small electric kettle for hot drinks. Alternatively, plan a lazy morning and snuggle up inside with the wood burner which makes the whole hut toasty warm in a few minutes, even during a winter stay. Fairy lights and tea lights create a cosy atmosphere inside.
With your own fire-pit, it’s easy to relax with a glass of wine in the evening, watching the last of the day’s sun setting over the fields (perhaps even toasting marshmallows!).
The shepherd’s hut has its own colourful compost toilet and also an outdoor solar shower. Great fun - Yes, I have tried it! If this isn’t for you, we have a traditional shower and flush toilet you may use.
• Bed linen for the 5ft wide double bed
• Sleeping bags with integral pillows for children
• Towels (2 bath towels, 2 extra hand towels for a family)
• Towelling robes (on stays of two or more nights)
• Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits
• Mugs, glasses and wine glasses
• Hot water bottles
• Woodburner, marshmallows, newspaper, firelighters, matches and kindling
• Firepit (baskets of wood for outdoors £5 each)
• Outdoor chairs / bench / small table
• Own compost toilet near the hut and a shared-use flush toilet near the house
• Own outdoor solar shower cubicle (solar bags and a porta-shower. We can also help out with additional hot water should the sun not shine enough.)
• Shared shower room (staggered time-slots to reduce overlap between different groups)
• Optional breakfast hamper (£15 for 2 adults - please enquire when booking)
A unique glamping experience in the New Forest
Please click on each photo above to enlarge the image
We've just enjoyed a fantastic 2-night stay in the gorgeous Shepherd's Hut.
Rachel and Jonathan gave us such a warm welcome and the personal touches on arrival were so lovely and thoughtful - a welcome card & chocolates, endless supply of tea, coffee, hot choc & biscuits. There were towelling robes to wear after showering, logs for the fire outside and the log burner, toasting forks and marshmallows. The hut is well kitted out.
Fantastic facilities all round and an excellent location for cycling off in to the forest. Thank you! We will be back!
For more reiews click here