Social distancing adjustments in place
Enjoy a magical few days away in a unique and beautifully painted gypsy caravan, built on an original 1930s dray base, lined in a pretty rose fabric and snuggled into the wooded area at the end of the garden, Peep out of the small leaded window at the fields behind, regularly grazed by deer. Ideal for a romantic break away, with fairy lights and a quaint wood burner, but also set up ready for a family of four with a smaller bed underneath for two younger guests.
Drink your morning coffee on the small seats built into the doorway of the gypsy caravan and peek through the arch to the pond. Enjoy the sunset and long evenings by the fire pit, perhaps even toast some marshmallows.
Relax by the beautiful octagonal thatched summerhouse with decking that overlaps the pond, naturally colonised by local wildlife including dragonflies, frogs and newts. It’s all set up for you with facilities to make hot drinks, a mini fridge and additional seating.
Look up at the leaves in the trees as you enjoy an outdoor solar shower! Great fun - Yes, I have tried it! If this isn’t for you, we have a traditional shower too.
• Bed linen for 4 foot wide double bed –standard length
• Sleeping bags with integral pillows for children on the lower bed (5 ft long)
• Towels (2 bath towels, 2 extra hand towels for a family)
• Towelling robes (on stays of two or more nights)
• Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits
• Mugs, glasses and wine glasses
• Hot water bottles
• Woodburner, marshmallows, newspaper, firelighters, matches and kindling
• Firepit (baskets of wood for outdoors £5 each)
• Outdoor chairs / bench / table
• Own flush toilet (by the garage)
• Own outdoor solar shower cubicle (solar bags and a porta-shower). We can help out with additional hot water should the sun not shine enough)
• Shared shower room (staggered time-slots to reduce overlap between different groups)
• Optional breakfast hamper (£15 for 2 adults - please enquire when booking
Where do we start! Rachel and Jonathan are superb hosts; they make you feel like family, they are kind and very hospitable.
The Gypsy van we stayed in is amazing, filled with charm and the fairy lights are the finishing touch to the ambiance!
It has amazing mattresses, pillows and quilts to provide a great night’s sleep - the owls keep you company at night to add to the feeling of being in the heart of nature, away from the hustle and bustle of our busy lives! There is a lovely flush toilet and shower room near the main house and if that's busy Rachel lets you use another one in the house, again making you feel at home. Nothing is too much trouble!!!
Try the Breakfast Hamper, filled with warm bread rolls, homemade muffins (yum!) and jam, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit and orange juice. The summerhouse with decking provides a lovely place to relax, has a running stream alongside which provides a haven of tranquility. You can also make tea/coffee, enjoy the biscuits, stoke up one of the various fire pits or stoves with chopped wood to warm the marshmallows so thoughtfully provided.
Ant, August 2016
For more reviews click here