Enjoy a magical few days away in a unique and beautifully painted gypsy caravan in the New Forest, built on an original 1930s dray base, lined in a pretty rose fabric and snuggled into the wooded area at the end of the garden, Peep out of the small leaded window at the fields behind, regularly grazed by deer. Ideal for a romantic break away, with fairy lights and a quaint wood burner, but also set up ready for a family of four with a smaller bed underneath for two younger guests.
Drink your morning coffee on the small seats built into the doorway of the gypsy caravan and peek through the arch to the pond. Enjoy the sunset and long evenings by the fire pit, perhaps even toast some marshmallows.
Relax by the beautiful octagonal thatched summerhouse with decking that overlaps the pond, naturally colonised by local wildlife including dragonflies, frogs and newts. It’s all set up for you with facilities to make hot drinks, a mini fridge and additional seating.
Look up at the leaves in the trees as you enjoy an outdoor solar shower! Great fun - Yes, I have tried it! If this isn’t for you, we have a traditional shower and flush toilet you may use too.
• Bed linen for 4 foot wide double bed –standard length
• Sleeping bags with integral pillows for children on the lower bed (5 ft long)
• Towels (2 bath towels, 2 extra hand towels for a family)
• Towelling robes (on stays of two or more nights)
• Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits
• Mugs, glasses and wine glasses
• Hot water bottles
• Woodburner, marshmallows, newspaper, firelighters, matches and kindling
• Firepit (baskets of wood for outdoors £5 each)
• Outdoor chairs / bench / table
• Own compost toilet near the van and a shared-use flush toilet near the house.
• Own outdoor solar shower cubicle (solar bags and a porta-shower). We can help out with additional hot water should the sun not shine enough)
• Shared shower room (staggered time-slots to reduce overlap between different groups)
• Optional breakfast hamper (£15 for 2 adults - please enquire when booking)
Magical place and wonderful host
Rachel (host) was so welcoming and thoughtful. The gypsy caravan was beautifully decorated and had everything we needed (including electric heater, which was a lot easier to manage with our young boys than the log burner). Everything had been thought of including marshmallows to toast, hot chocolate, tea, biscuits and even crocs for quick trips to the eco loo!
Rachel's garden was perfect for two energetic little boys and she had endless patience with them playing hide and seek and chasing her automatic lawn mower. She also had great recommendations for walks and things to do in the New Forest - we absolutely loved Moors Valley Country park! The summer house was an amazing addition and allowed us to have some time in the evening to relax once the kids were tucked up in bed. The breakfast hamper with freshly baked cakes was delicious. We loved it, thank you!
For more reviews click here
01425 476892 / 07730 586601
Hampshire BH24 3JN
A unique glamping experience in the New Forest